Sunday 10 April 2011

Always in My Mind


We may be surrounded by many people, but we may still feel lonely.
We may have whatever that money can buy, but we may still feel empty.
We can afford many things others can only dream of..
but we only want that one thing we can never get.
Blessings come in disguises they say, but sometimes we do not see it..


Once in a while, during an event at the hotel or outings with work colleagues, I do find myself looking around the familiar faces and thinking that something seems missing from the picture.

What is it..? I'm not sure. These are all friends..sharing the same workplace and problems from the office. One of us made a joke and everyone burst into laughter. It was a successful night. Everyone was happy. But..there was a touch of sadness there too. Someone is not here to share all this..

Looking into the night sky, gazing at all those stars winking back at me. I have always been fascinated with what goes on high up there in the sky.. stargazing and daydreaming. The air is fresh.. and the soft wind blowing a tendril of the hair across the cheek. How the feeling brings back a familiar memory.. as time goes by..

Dad, if you could look at me now, I wonder what you would say. Would you be proud of me? Or would you be sad instead..?

They are now doing the closing speech. Time to put aside the memories.

As Jung says: There are as many nights as days. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. Living every minute of life with love, grace and gratitude.

Signing off,
Aidahana

No comments:

Post a Comment